Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 6 April 2008

Camera Course has started

Loes and I have enrolled on a 6 week digital camera course for beginners! I hope to finally unravel the mysteries of my Lumix camera and do more that just 'shoot' on automatic!! It was the first night last Friday and Loes was in Denmark so I went alone...only 6 of us there. It was quite hard for me listening to the instructress talking in Dutch and then looking in my English booklet and translating as I went along. I hope that practising with Loes during the week will get me up to speed with the homework etc. We have to take some photos of the same thing from different angles and using the manual programme, changing the depth of field etc......what ever that means!!!!! Anyway, I guess the cats are my easiest bet for subjects as when they are sleeping I can snap away without them knowing! It will help inspire my scrapping too I hope. Been a bit in a dip recently and not taken any photos at all, I think due to being ill and not being 'in the mood' for it. I am making cards but not so many either.....pre-occupied with the kitchen, getting a job, other things etc. Time for that to change!!!! I want to get some great shots in and then use the lovely papers I have got in my stash! We, that is Loes, Amienke, Jeanette and I are going to visit ART JOURNEY in Sleen this coming Wednesday for the first time! We are all looking forward to this treat: check out www.artjourney.nl for the site. I have reserved some stamps - if they are in stock again - those Bees are so gorgeous!! The plan is to 'look and learn' from what we see there, and buy the items we are missing in our product stores...................inks, tools, all kinds of goodies!!! I am so interested to see what Louise has there in the shop and maybe book for one of her workshops in the summer............. There is a new magazine coming out dedicated to scrapcards only. It is a 'sister' magazine to the Scrapbook Magazine so I have decided to take out a subscription to this one as well. It is due out at the end of April I think, so that is something to watch out for in the shops guys! I used to have a subscription to an English scrapmag. but I decided to stop it as it was quite boring - sorry to say! - and I think our Dutch ones are far superior. There is a big difference in styles so perhaps that is the problem with my choice; I identify more with the european style of scrapping than any other. Perhaps it is also to do with the choice of products that are available here too...lots of reasons. Still would LOVE to get to the USA for one of the big shows CHA etc!!! That would be the mother of all scrapping parties!!!!! My head would probably explode with everything it saw,, which would be a nuisance but I am willing to take the risk!!! Anyone needing someone to carry their bags next time around?.....!!!!!! Are we all watching "I'd do Anything" on BBC1 at the moment? Ann, Ineke and I are fans and are heavily debating our favourites so far. It is incredible how talented the girls all are - the standard is so high. Everyone of them has the talent to be in musical theatre but the fact is that it is only about finding a NANCY, and I don't know about you, but I have my own idea of who she is, based on the one I saw years ago, and I think so many of us remember: the version with Ron Moody as Fagin and Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes??????Mark Lester was Oliver - wonderful. So those performances do give me a baseline for what I want from my Nancy....who will it be? I missed last nights show so we are planning to sit and watch it before the results show this evening, so I cannot comment at the moment. Ineke thought Francesca was the best..........who did you vote for?????

1 comment:

Yudith Valles de Perez said...

Se le ha otorgado un Premio al Blog papareladyscraps.blogspot.com. Felicitaciones!