Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 20 April 2008

Kitchen gadgets!!

Oh yes, this is what I call a kitchen gadget!!! Our neighbours might have bought a very fancy coffee making machine all right, but what do we want??? MUSIC!!! I cannot hear the music when I am cooking, well, ok, a tiny bit, but not really good enough to sing along...., so I have been searching for a CD player to hang on the wall. Easier said than done my friends! No-one could help me, but when I went for my Delia chopper in BCC last week I happened to ask there and they came up with this beauty!!! It is a Philips midi hi fi system that can be hung on the wall -hurray! The speakers are apart so that they can be placed either side of my 'afzuig cap' ( what is the english for that, forgotten!), and the CD part on the wall at the end of the wall cupboards where Peter has made me a little shelf for the CD's already. Since Peter will be passing through Germany this week he is going to have a look there and see if he can find it any cheaper, but via the internet it is quite reasonably priced too, so we'll see. BCC was too pricy I think, especially as I have found it cheaper elsewhere. Can't wait!! Once we have got this installed we can cover up the pipes etc as we can enclose all the unsightly wires etc which we women all hate, right?! and the kitchen can be finished off. I also found a great site for our dinner service, which is hand-made in Poland and called BUNZLAU CASTLE. It is so lovely and there are new designs out etc so I can continue collecting it. I decided to have different designs when we bought it so that it could always be added to without worrying that it would go out of production and I am very glad we did that from the start. www.dutchfield.nl is the site here that sell these lovely pottery pieces. You can buy it from the tea and coffee chain Simon Leveelt or from the Tierenlantijn in Enkhuizen. ( probably not the right spelling but I am sure you know where I mean!). I usually go to the shop in Warsaw when I visit Anna but they are not always cheaper there. great to see all the china in one place though!! Peter is almost ready to leave now so better kiss him goodbye and have another cup of coffee watching the show on TV that I missed last night - the Nancys!!!!

No comments: