Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 15 April 2008

The Red Hat Society

Having just updated myself with Inekes blog I saw that she had the Red Hat Society in there; of course I know about it Ineke!!! Well, the poem anyway. I used to read it with my over 65 clients when I was working in England, and we wanted to remind ourselves that life was fun! My friend Lindsey is a strong advocate of this way of 'being' and my friend Anne also. She, Anne, had her first tatoo at age 50 and vowed to 'grow old disgracefully' from then on in! I didn't know there was a Dutch club though...Alkmaar would be the nearest for me...........thinking ahead to next year of course! Maybe Loes is interested too.......................or we need to start one up in Hoorn! I like wearing purple hats for sure!!!! I'd like to say that I am comfortable with growing old, but I don't think I am really. I don't mind the fact that I have to light more candles on my cake, that is nothing, but the idea of becoming dependent and frail is not appealing I guess. However, I have an aunt (70 something) who looks great and is in super health, an uncle ( 69) and aunt who danced in the streets of Enkhuizen last year to the sound of the Jazz band, travel around the world and walk up and down hills and cliffs with greater ease than me or Peter! So I have to hope that their genes are the ones I've inherited don't I?!!!! Peter is far better off on his side of the family with a mother who will be 90 next year, and a grand-father who was almost 100 before he died........... longevity exists in his family better than in mine! But for now I will relax and think of all the purple clothes I would have to buy....................and that hat!!!

1 comment:

RHAM said...

Good luck starting up your own chapter! You won't believe what you've missed out on until you experience it first hand!

Queen Diva Dishberry