Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 27 April 2008

Tulips from Amsterdam

I went to take photos of the beautiful tulip fields near our home yesterday afternoon once the sun had lost its intensity. I was hoping to take the cows in the background but they were gone so maybe better luck today! I did get the windmill though.......even though I had to zoom in quite a lot! The fields come out and are gone in the blink of an eye - it always amazes me. Our son does the bulb peeling during the summer holidays which all the children do around here, and it is perfect work for them. Only a couple of weeks working every day and they have enough spends for the rest of the holiday. Hopefully he will do the same this year as well, as until he is 16 next year there are not many other options for earning cash...and he was hopeless at delivering papers!!!
This morning I have made a treacle tart and a fruit cake before the others got out of bed, enjoying the sound of my new CD player in the kitchen - wonderful. Peter still has to hide the wires for me when he makes the box for the pipes etc, but that will happen soon. Then it will almost be finished - just the blinds and the small piece of skirting board that needs replacing that I know Peter will forget.......and I will remind hin same as all our projects together! I think he leaves it deliberately to see whether I forget as well; not going to happen buddy!!! I thouhgt getting the prep for lunch etc all done before the sun comes out was a sensible idea, and as he was snoring all night long I haven't slept much anyway. I think a snoze later on in the garden chair is called for! But now Tim has to shake a leg and get up as he has promised to clean my car and his girlfriend is coming this afternoon and his room is a tip!!!! Enjoy the sun today - it might be gone by tomorrow they say............

No comments: