Les Mis Trailer

Monday 2 July 2007

managing my site, gulp..by myself??!!!!!

Well, Jos came on Saturday and showed me how to update my website and run it for myself. Do I remember what he told me..maybe, not sure, will find out when I try to change something on my own!! It looks so simple, not too many steps each time but it is when it goes wrong that bothers me!! He will still update my gallery but the rest is up to me. It only worked on my laptop which is a bummer as I hate using that one - give me my old PC anyday! I love the keyboard here and the wrist-rest and the little mouse......and the laptop is more awkward I find. Still, never mind I have to be brave and give it a go. But not today! Only 18 days til we go to England! Hope it has stopped flooding by then. We are going up to Leeds so it hasn't been so bad there as yet, but it continues to be awful in the south of the county. I am hoping to sneak a few visits to the craft stores in whilst we are there...don't tell Peter!! I subscribe to an English scrap magazine and get to know where the shops are in the areas we visit - smart or what?! There are several in Yorkshire actually and it is very popular there. Also we have the huge hobbycraft chainstore which is enormous and all over the country. They have a reasonable range of scrap materials and usually good tools and stamps. I also go into the cheap remainder bookstores as they usually have a little corner for "embellishments" and they are very cheap to buy. There is another good shop called Lakeland which has its main shop in Windermere in the Lake District. Brilliant for household items and very clever solutions for that sort of thing in the house, but they also have a craft section where I get nice things sometimes. We can travel there in under 2 hours from Leeds and it is a great day out. Wonderful photo opportunities there!! Ah well, it is pouring down with rain here at the moment so it is ironing and shopping and then scrapping..busy with a LO of my daughter with a photo of her age one and another age 20. It is looking good so far. Becci loves vintage/eclectic styles so it reflects her personality well I think. Happy scrapping everyone!!

No comments: