Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 3 July 2007

Summer Scrappin'

This weather is awful; cold, wet and windy so there is nothing else for it but to sit in my room and scrap! Dreadful hardship I know, but I got my new basis grey paper in the post this morning and with the super photos I have made of the cats it was on with the show! This black 'n white layout uses only one paper and then lots of rub-ons ( what would we do without them?!) The paper is called Sonnets and arrived with my scrapkit from Dolls & Decorations this month. Not my usual colourful style but it was fun to try for a change..
I also wanted to do a LO of Becci using a photo from when she was about one year old and combining it with one I took this year, now she is twenty! I went with a more vintage look as Becci really likes this style and it went well with the paper and red and brown tones I used. It is great using old photos with more recent ones; amazing how much she has altered over the years, yet her personality is still the same as it was when she was tiny! "Friday's child is loving and giving" and she is just that!
I had also discovered a site in Germany that has got different papers available and a fantastic range of Crate papers as I love 'em! I've ordered a "few" things to see what the paper is like etc and what their service/delivery time is going to be. oh, and Chantal is going to order me the Ribbon Iron - yippee!!!!!! Now I just have to get some work and I will be able to pay for this expensive hobby of mine!!!!..........

No comments: