Les Mis Trailer

Friday 27 July 2007

back home again

and despite all the rain in England we were mostly dry! Poor Gloucestershire and Shropshire and that area of England suffered this time with the Severn and Thames bursting their banks in spectacular fashion. On the Friday when it happened we were in Staffordshire - the country a bit up from them - seeing Becci, and although it poured down all day, it was still not flooded. Then we went over into Shropshire (only just) to have a pub meal with Stephen and Janette, and it continued to rain, and driving home late at night was no joyride, but we were not stranded like so many people were. Ah well, is it any better here??? How many BBQ's have you had this year?!!! It is a washout that's for sure, but no disaster, so keeping it all in perspective, it could be worst!!
We had a splendid day driving over the north yorkshire moors on Sunday, and it was blue sky around us and black clouds on the horizon all day long. We had a little photo session which Peter turned into a competition but...I feel this photo of mine won!!! (well I would, ok!) Dramatic line of dry stone walling disappearing over the horizon with not a soul in sight!! It is superb up there - I feel my spirit reviving whenever I am up there just soaking up the space and beauty of mother nature. I miss the hills so much, and the wide open spaces it affords me. Not for nothing are the Pennines called The Backbone of England!! We also took a sneak-peak at where we are staying in September, by Haworth, and it was gorgeous! William and Lily will find it rather isolated I think, and the roads leading up to the house...be happy that it is a hire car!!! But it is perfect for me, and I think for them too. Never having been to England before, it is always a delight to show people somewhere OTHER than London!!!
And now I have to prepare for this afternoon's workshop and do the household tasks left before the weekend. As usual the rest of the household are sleeping, and only I and the cats have any activity genes awake in our bodies!!!
ps. run out of photo paper hence no scraps as yet!!! Woe is me!!!

No comments: