Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 17 July 2007

It's almost holiday

and I for one can't wait!!! I don't suppose the weather will be any better in the UK than here, but I love seeing my friends and aunt and just being "back home". Peter doesn't appreciate what that means to me and it is difficult to explain, but when I am there I have a sense of belonging and history and place, and that doesn't occur here. Of course I love our home and the friends we have made here, but it is not who I am, and the feeling of displacement only grows I fear, with the passing of the years. The dream of home is exactly that. My career is gone, my knowledge of what is happening there is vague, and things have moved on without me. So the thought of going back to live there in the future is not very realistic. Yet do I want to move to Spain for the better weather as Peter would like to?...no, no thankyou! I try not to think about the long-term future too much as it doesn't help my mood! I take a long time to accept things maybe, but I do hope that we will be frequent visitors to England and enjoy more time there than at the moment. And if Becci stays there and settles down with a family, even more reason to go! But then Tim will stay here I think, and settle down, so we will be travelling in between for the rest of our lives!! So although the rest of the world is a beautiful place, "there is no place like home"!!!!!!!

No comments: