Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 25 June 2011

rain........

for my day out with Hillie, what a shame!!! We were looking forward to a dry day but at the moment it seems unlikely. Ah well, more coffee stops, longer lunch, we'll be ok!!
Last night we had a lovely evening with friends, and as Tim says on his facebook page " great food and good company " - what more can we want?

I have been reading the awesome blog by Neil Pasricha and listening to his TED talk on youtube, to try and re-motivate myself and stay positive. It's so hard when you want and need a job really badly, and in your heart you know you are not going to get it that easily. Even when you know that it does not mean that you are a failure or not good enough or not lucky enough to get chosen, it feels personal. There is no getting away from that sense of rejection one feels in those moments after being told you didn't get the job.
But I have to keep trying and looking and thinking about all the skills I do have, and all the things I can do, and believe that it will all work out in the end.
" Everything will be ok in the end.
 If it's not ok, then it's not the end. " 
This is what sits on my bookshelves and stares at me every morning - my tiny spark of hope. This is what I read and allow to seep into my unconscious self so that I feel it inside and know that there is still hope. Listening to Neil's talk, and reading his blog, and hearing his story, I do appreciate and value all that I have in my life, and I never forget the awesomeness of all those special moments I have been privileged to enjoy. He talks about loving 3 year olds as they discover the wonder of learning about new things for the first time. About us not forgetting that first time we did something; met someone; achieved something..............I have never forgotten one single second of it.

Hm, at this rate it will be galoshes and macs and brollies and a very wet day out!!!! Just an hour to go before I get the train, so time for coffee and breakfast and a chat with the cats, and off I go!!!!
Sue xx

No comments: