Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 29 March 2011

the longest-fit

was 8 hours sitting waiting at Kwik-fit ( I use the term lightly!) yesterday whilst my car went through its MOT. I was there back on the dot of 8am to be told 'where can we contact you when its ready?' as it is going to take a while. I replied that I had to wait.......and wait I did. They started on Phoebe around two hours later, and some time after that I heard my name being called............knew it was not going to be for coffee and cake!! It appeared that my back brakes didn't exist on the right side anymore. I was apparently driving a 'lethal weapon' and was very lucky to still be there to see the damage!! I was shocked, I admit it, when I saw the metal in tatters on the floor.............for those technically minded, there is a thin coil thing that sits inside the joint ( don't know what else to call it?) that was no longer whole or in place. Something else that should have been a complete circle was hanging from the wheel arch most pathetically, and extremely thinly. When they had tried to spin the wheel, it didn't. First clue that something was wrong. I had noticed that when I was on the motorway she sort of juddered sometimes, but I thought more along the lines of the fuel or spark plugs being dirty etc and not getting fed around properly. But what do I know? Nothing!! At the end of the day I was several hundreds of euros poorer but rewarded with being told I had the patience of angels, and something good would come of that!! Nice mechanic man. So when I drive 120 kms this morning at least I will be thinking I am safer than I have been for ages..............does feel strange though. Driving home that short distance yesterday the brakes felt so much softer and their reaction completely different from what I have been used to for about a year or so????

It is thick smog here this morning. As it gets lighter so I can see more of it! I am not used to the clock change yet, being dark when I wake up. And I am waking up SO early right now, cogs whirring around in my head. Lots to think about it seems but no more nightmares I hope.

My tracks I mentioned: yes, got them all done in one CD although I could fill several more!
These are the ones I have chosen to start me off; I guess there are few surprises for you, and a lot of memories!! If I had got these tracks downloaded I would have started with Mandy by Barry Manilow as that was the first single I ever bought, and gone on to include Steve Harley's Come up and See Me, and some Moody Blues and Dark Side of the Moon - mostly because Pete and I used to spend hours listening to them together in our teens!!! But I started with my personal favourite, by Bowie ( I am a child of the 70's music after all) because I used to enjoy the drum stereo when it bursts through the speakers, since it was so new to us way back when.................
John, I'm only dancing
Sorrow
So you win again - Hot Chocolate, first band I ever saw at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone.
I love to boogie - cos Marc Bolan was plastered all over my bedroom walls!
Stars ( Janis Ian) - my melancholic phase!
Tiger Feet - for those disco days at The Astor and Walmer Village Hall and the Greasers!!!
I don't like Mondays - very last day of my OT placement in Dorset, with alcohol and chocolate and Fiona!!
Yes sir, I can boogie - aah.............yes, summer 1977.
Without you - Nilsson, all time favourite song.
China in your hands - Shropshire working as OT and driving those country lanes so often to this one.
Win or lose - can't not choose one from Cock Robin, right?!
More than this - Love his voice, Bryan Ferry another fave.
Stars ( Simply Red) - because it is a beautiful song.
Missing you - our Tina. And I did.
Broken Arrow - Scotland, Edinburgh.
Against all odds - sad memory here.
The one - Curacao.
Endless Love - self explanatory!!
The whole of the moon - my theme according to my best friend Pete!!
Written in the stars
The promise - Tracey Chapman, love this.
Should I stay - my doubting Thomas theme tune keeps coming up!!!
Can't turn back the years - some Phil is always a good thing.
If not now
A million love songs....because this is where I am right now!!

Maybe these are not everyone's choice, but they are mine and I am transported back through the happiest days of my life whenever I listen to them.
Sue xx

No comments: