Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 8 January 2008

Side by side digital and paper layouts!

Earlier in a post I challenged my friend Ineke to do a digital scrap of one of my recent photos and I would make a paper one; and these are the results! Our styles are not so different I think, and we have both chosen the colours to emphasize the photo and the frostiness of it all!! We have both gone for swirls (who doesn't?!) and similar embellishments etc. I find it fascinating how 'real' digi-scrapping looks, and the effects Ineke achieves are beautiful. I just prefer to get my hands on all that luvverly jubberly!!!!! What do you think folks? We'd like to hear your comments.
Yesterday Loes and I were back in sport mode and managed to last one hour....before retreating to her house for our first "Scrap 'n Chat" of the year!!! (you've heard of Stitch 'n bitch? Well this is MY VERSION of that!!!) One thing led to another but I am going to give you all the 'golden tip' before they sell out: Check out www.artjourney.nl and the last artjourney day photos and you will see people using the technique "spin and splash" - which we all remember from our younger days, right?....we were taken with this idea so decided to see where we could buy it.................and yes, we have got them!!! At the moment they are on offer in INTERTOYS for 10,99euro instead of 14,99euro and are called Glitterspin. Haven't yet tried it out ( got to get batteries) but it looks interesting with the alcohol inks and distressing we are planning to do soon. So hurry along there ladies, it is a technique you will see more of this year I am certain, and the price will only rise once the shops see there is a demand for it!!!! You have been tipped!!!!

No comments: