Les Mis Trailer

Friday 4 January 2008

Making cards!

I have an awful lot of birthdays in the first few months of the year so I have started making the cards today. And of course that meant that I was looking at stamp sites........and wow, did I discover a fab-u-lous one!!!! Everyone, check this one out immediately:
www.artjourney.nl It is superb and I want to buy everything! Another member of the Scrapfever forum told me about it as I was looking for Golden Gel medium etc and Gesso and everything necessary to make photo transfers, and they have it all. And the stamp choice is terrific.....the good thing is that the shop is about 200 kilometers from here otherwise I would have been heading their way by now! BUT! It is my birthday next month so please, please, please may I have lots of goodies from this site?????!!!! It would make me delirously happy!
My list was rocketing skywards when I decided I should stop adding up the cost...........but oh boy, I need such a lot of new supplies this year. What am I going to learn to do:
1. Transfer photos which I think is gorgeous and looks so easy...once you know how!
2. Try out Gesso, and more distressing techniques...thanks to Tim Holtz for this inspiration!
3. Practise with my Lumix camera and not always rely on the easy option of the 'pop it in the handbag' one I usually have on me!
4. Learn more skills with paintshop and hopefully get Lightroom this year too...
5. Experiement more with different scrap styles and techniques and try not to get boxed in with my own style too much.
6. Trust my ideas more.....stop comparing my work with others and enjoy what I create in peace and serenity and not the 'wish I could do that' hat on!
7. Enter more competitions for the fun of it!
8. Enjoy myself with this multi-faceted hobby of mine!!! It just keeps on getting better and better!!
9. Discover the way to order the stamps from Magnolia and attend the convention in Malmo if at all possible.....................8/9 march 2008. Get their stampkit at least a few times if I can afford it!
10. Scrap, stamp, photograph and stick to my hearts content!!!!!

No comments: