Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 10 January 2008

more Magnolias!

Here are my latest 3 cards but I took the photos quite early this morning so the light is not doing them real justice, sorry! Might re-take them later on........the first one I adore! I was busy cutting out the leaves etc and the flowers from the design paper and that looks great; worth the effort and time! The middle one is the completed version of the one I added earlier, and I like the flowers etc and the swirl! I usually cut out my own swirls after having hand-drawn them but this is a punch! Lastly I like the way I was able to cut out the dress from the same paper and 'match' her outfit to the card exactly. Reminded me of dressing my Patch doll many, many years ago; loved it!! I can make all different dresses etc for my Magnolias!!!! I am going to make the wellington boots more plasticky today by adding the glaze over them, will give a more wellie-like look don't you agree? One of these cards takes longer to make than one of my LO's Ineke!!! Colouring in the stamp and then fiddling around with the small paper bits and pieces...takes ages! BUT! Now you have to convince me that I can send these cards to the intended recipients 'cos I want to keep them all --agh!!!! I have real difficulty parting with the cards or altered projects that I have loved making and feel happiest with the result. Does anyone else have this problem too?
I am giving my first workshop of the year on 20th January. Four ladies who want to learn to scrap, so a lovely day for me too. I get such a kick from seeing them go from 'chat, chat' to absolute concentration by the middle of the afternoon! This is the moment when they start to actually scrap for themselves once the techniques have all been tried and mastered sufficiently enough for them to start on a LO. They are coming quite a distance to do this with me so I feel very honoured. I do warn them about the addiction....................but add that it is a very healthy and rewarding one!!! And one that keeps getting more and more interesting which is the thing I appreciate about Scrapping. Keeps the old grey cells busy doesn't it ladies?!
Time to scrap!!!! Have a wonderful day creating. x

No comments: