Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 2 July 2008

new cards

I've made these cards this week, in between enjoying the sunshine and getting a tan!! Early in the morning, so as now - it is 6.30am - or later on at night are perfect times to catch up with my scrapping!!! I love using my nesties for the circles - so easy! I get the CARDKIT from SIMPEL SCRAPPEN everymonth, and so these wonderful kits arrive with all you need to make the perfect cards! I also get the bi-monthly SCRAPCARDS magazine which should be dropping through my postbox any time now, and that is super. the first 2 cards are using this months selection. You can go to the site for the kit, which I will look up for you in a mo. and find examples of cards using the kit, but I prefer to make my own first and then I look what others have done. It is so easy to just lift someone else's ideas, and we all do it, but I find it takes me away from using my own designs as well, and that is the real challenge!!! Over at SCRAPFEVER we are choosing a new DT member for the cardteam, and it is proving difficult to decide 'cos there are so many super entries! Right now I am trying to stack up my card stash so that I have got them done before I go in for my operation this month!!! Oh yes, they are removing my Gall Bladder which is a little scary but necessary as I hate having such painful attacks. It is a dreadful pain that lasts HOURS!!!!!!! Anyway, I am sticking to a really low-fat diet to try and avoid them as much as possible, and hoping that it will all be over once I have had it. The sun is shining and it is already warm outside. I lay out in my cossie yesterday afternoon to top up my tan, but I think it needs more!! We are going to England next week to my cousins 25th wedding anniversary 'do' and I want to look like I live abroad!!!! I am in a dither about what to wear of course.........especially as I will see loads of people I haven't seen for about 23 years or more!!!! Wish I was 10 stone and divine, but like that can happen in 6 days............duh!! So I am going to the hairdressers for a proper colour and highlights, hide all the grey etc. and I will pack the suitcase with as many outfits as I can squeeze in! I am so trying to avoid being ill; it would be just my luck to have an attack on the evening of the party, or certainly afterwards, hence the food avoidance tactics! I have learnt that eating in the car is not possible, and that anything sweet is a potential danger so all those wonderful desserts Jeanette will make are taboo! I sent for a lovely long dress/pinafore yesterday so am hoping that will arrive in time - usually very slimming, right??!!! 'Am I bovver'd? I'm not bovver'd.!!'

No comments: