Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 30 October 2008

frosty mornings and cups of tea!

Oh dear, I feel a sore throat starting!! I seem to be so vunerable to these things in recent years. I went to work on Tuesday at the garden centre with our clients, and there was only outside work for us............in the pouring rain!!! I think that is when I caught this chill. Thankfully I was able to get us taken back to the centre quite quickly as I was not happy to allow us to freeze to the bone there! And I have choir this evening and I want to sing ok! I am feeling a little under pressure at the moment with all the prep for our workshop. It is taking SO LONG to cut and pack and work out all the little details etc. My hat off to those that do this on a regular basis!!! I only hope they love what we are doing and will all turn up and enjoy the evening. Loes keeps reassuring me that it will all be ok.............and that the white wine will be in the fridge for when it is all over!! She is such a sweet friend - helping me so much and always so cheerful and happy. A kinder friend I can't think of at the moment. xx Almost November. And I can start officially thinking about CHRISTMAS! I am already looking for present ideas etc and making some hand-made packaging etc. I want to be original and creative this year, that's the goal. I have decided to go all folk arty as that is my preference; I don't do glam!!! I am sure in a former life I was either scandinavian or from new England or Canada...those wonderful wooden houses with their porches and veranda's are so me! I want a porch here but Peter says that is not typical Dutch..who cares?! We have the perfect spot for one and it would be so handy and warm for the house. I will have to pursuade him eventually. At the moment we are busy with chosing a new door curtain for the front door. I have found the most perfect material and it has been measured etc but I think they have too much material and we don't need that there. I will go in today and tell them that. The English way of curtain making is different; we can use less material and still make it fit because we have other taping for the tabs etc. I dread to think how much it will cost to do the living room when we get around to finding the right material for there!!!! I am waffling rather and I ought to be roasting the tomatoes for our soup! So that is where you can find me for the next hour or so, in the kitchen, music on, humming as I go! have a great day, Suzannex

3 comments:

Yudith Valles de Perez said...

I make him the Prize Excellent Blog, on the occasion of the Second Anniversary of Our Yours Mine! You can pass by! Greetings

Suzanne said...

thanks Yudith!!! what a lovely comment and award from you; my first ever!!
thanks,
suzannex

Suzanne said...

thanks Yudith!!! what a lovely comment and award from you; my first ever!!
thanks,
suzannex