Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 6 May 2008

The simple things

THE HAARLEM GLOBETROTTERS in Almere. A dream come true for our son, just like this little boys I imagine! Tim has always wanted to see them in action so we went last Saturday as his birthday treat, and it was great fun! It was a real show more than exciting basketball: they entertained and involved the audience and made everyone laugh, as well as playing a staged game of basketball. All in all a super evening out! But the simple things in scrapping are what my post is really about this morning. Having recently found that my inspiration and desire to scrap was somewhat diminuished - for what ever reasons I don't know- I want to write about that. Scrapping is pure temptation. So many wonderful papers and embellishments and new items constantly appearing on the market, new techniques and tools....what are we to do except follow the trends and feel we are on top of our game and producing scraps that everyone will say "WOW' to...entering competitions and challenges on all the blogs ( not that I do that really myself), adding pressure to provide other scrappers with something to inspire them with...and so it goes on. PLEASURE not PRESSURE is where it is at girls!!! Ali Edwards has got a great weekly blog topic about photos + words and she is right back there in the basics again. just great photos and a story to go with them - and it hits the spot. After all, these are our memories. Our special times, the days we remember when we are older, the way our families evolve and grow: LIFE AS IT REALLY IS. So I am going to try and get into this again, by making a LO of the basketball evening, and what it meant to my son, and nothing else. And I am going to take everyday photos of life as it is here in our household and scrap that. And then dare to show you the results!!!! Have some fun doing the same; put the heart back into scrapping!!!

No comments: