Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 17 May 2008

Copenhagen

Lovely weather! We took the boat across from Germany to Denmark which was a welcome 45 minutes break from the car! Super beer!!! We went out for dinner to the Hereford Beefsteak House which is in the centre of the city. They were very obliging and made me a vegetarian meal, but it is also a brewery which meant Peter had steak AND beer!!!! Walking back to the hotel we saw TIVOLI all lit up so I tried my camera out with a night shot..worked ok I thought. This was kinda spooky. I was walking along the riverside when I spotted something in the water that looked like people! It turned out to be a sculpture called 'The Merman and his 7 sons'. I am not sure what I think about it actually.... In the evening there were lots of these bicycles in the centre ready to take you around. I thought it was rather colourful. The weather was superb and I had a really great walk around the city centre whilst Peter was at work. I got some good stuff for the family and had very nice coffee and a lunch - expensive though I thought. We drove home last night after taking a slight detour to visit the Detention Camp at Neuengamme which is outside Hamburg. Peters father was detained there during the war so he wanted to see it. I thought it was so sad there, and felt I could not walk inside the camp. It was as if they were still all there.................... We got home around 2am this morning so I am going to bed now!! BUT!!! Not before I say what I think about the Nancys. Ok, here's the thing: I am backing Jodie and Samantha . They were the best this evening and outshone the others totally. But oh boy, the judges are really saying what they think now, and it is hard critisism for the girls. I do agree with their comments however, and can see that Niamh and Jessie are NOT NANCY!!!! I think that Rachel can be her, but she is missing that star quality and connection with the public that Sam and Jodie both have. So, Ineke, Ann, put your money where your mouths are and tell me your votes!!!! It is getting very interesting now we are at semi-final stage ladies!!!!

No comments: