Les Mis Trailer

Friday 9 May 2008

It's summer!

Ann and I have been cycling this week, and have the sore behinds to prove it! But it has been so nice in the evening, cycling along the dyke from Enkhuizen towards Schellinkhout and home again. I even cycled all the way to a meeting on Wednesday, against the wind!!!! That was hard going but I did it and that is great for me with my Asthma and all. I don't cycle enough but hte weather has to be really great for me to be able to get on my bike for any distance. So today I have to go again in order to keep my muscles in my rear up to scratch or else tomorrow will be painful again! Genghis looks so peaceful, just sitting with his face into the sun and relaxing. It is so nice having Siamese cats around the house - where ever we go they go, so they are such nice company. Xander was hogging the cat chair with cushion at the time, but Genghis often sits by the water and catches a few rays....so sweet! Then the boys were trying to get some frogs for our pond! They did manage to get a couple but I think they have jumped back into the sloot, but now we think we have frog spawn in the pond so hopefully we will have our very own frogs this year. I love them in the garden. They eat all the slugs and other beasties, and my plants survive much better. I have got several froggies in the garden, which I have collected, and they look nice amongst the flower beds. So, today I have washed one load already, written my blog, ironed yesterdays washing, made the spare bed up, and am about to start on my mothers day card for Oma. I have done the LO in Ali Edwards style already but not taken the photo. Need to charge my battery first, but I am quite happy with the result. Simple but true to her ideas on her blog this week. Anyway, another lovely sunny day beckons, so time to say cheerio and get all the chores out of the way so I can enjoy the garden too!!

No comments: