Les Mis Trailer

Saturday 10 May 2008

End of camera course photos!

Last night was the final session of my beginners digital photography course in Enkhuizen. We were taking close ups using back lighting techniques etc and it was absolutely boiling inside!!! With the extra warmth from the lighting and the fact that it was 20C plus, we were a little bit over-heated to say the least! However, I do feel that I have learnt a lot more about my camera and what it can do, even though there is still so much more to discover about it, and that my skills have improved. All I need to do now is master photoshopping ( eh, Ineke?!) and I will be able to change and create better photos here at home. What I now know is that nothing less than an SLR camera will do when I next need a new one, as that is what will give me the results I am looking for apparently. So the Canon and Nikon lovers are well ahead with theirs, but for now my simple Lumix is more than sufficient. Today is another beautiful sunny day and we are going to the Westfriese Tuinfair in Midwoud - on our bikes!!! At the moment everyone is still asleep except for the cats and I, and I have made a strawberry jelly and a quiche this morning ready for our meal when we get home this evening. Aren't I good?!!! When it is nice and cool still, that is the best time to stand in the kitchen and cook, so I prefer to get up early ( especially when I can only lie there listening to Peter snoring) and get on with it. Tim went swimming in the Ijsselmeer last night with his friends and Alicia, so they were having fun too...and now asleep til lunchtime no doubt! I am starting to ramble when really I ought to go upstairs and tackle my Magnolia stamps that need the EZ foam adding to them so I can USE THEM!!!!! Have made a mothers day card for Oma yesterday, but had got it in the post before I thought about taking a photo....hopefully all of you have better memories than me!! Have a great weekend, bye!

1 comment:

Angela said...

hi suzanne,
love love love the pics!
Love the one of the lilly especially. Could you explain how you did that? Love it!