Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 20 May 2008

sunny morning

It is bright and sunny here this morning and even Tim is up on time!!! Miracles do happen! Peter is soundly asleep. He went to Danielle last night for his ear candle thingy and to have his back done...not sure how to describe this: Danielle is a spiritual aura reader amongst other things and she has 'removed the swords from a previous life' out of his back and all his muscles have relaxed and he is sleeping like a baby! This is the second time she has worked on his back, and when he went for his regular massage later on, even Eduoud was amazed at the different. I can't explain it, but Peter is convinced that this is what she has been able to do and he is delighted. No pain, what a relief that must be for him. This morning I am taking Sara to school and then going for a blood prick. No big thing but I always hate them!! Then I hope to start again on trimming the buxus..less wind today so it is better for me as I have to do it all by hand as it were. I cannot lift the heavy hedge trimmer we have. It is too back-breaking and with my painful shoulder impossible to do. So it takes ages....and I am not looking forward to it but it has to be done. Then maybe we can sort out the middle bits together since they are terrible. When it is the front garden it looks so awful when it is neglected, and although we have still not made a decision about what we want there, it is our job to tidy it up at the very least. Since Becci and Roy are coming next week, it is the spur I need to do it!! I did 2 layouts yesterday to my amazement!!!! When the light is better I will take the piccies of them. I have done one for Hillies pedicure room, and the other is of Genghis in the garden. Finally bought some decent thick photopaper yesterday! Got new ink in the printer and voila - more photos to scrap!! I am quite happy with results though not 100%; being pernickety I suppose....a perfectionist!! I want to try something different but don't know what...searching blogs etc for ideas at the moment. I am surprised at how many other scrappers seem to be in a similar dip at the moment. It was interesting reading this in their blogs and it made me feel a little better at having the same feeling. But I think it is ok again - I am looking forward to working next week as I am going to try and make cards with the clients at the day centre, using my tools and adapting them to their abilities. I think the spin and splash will come into its own!! When I am there this week I will get some of their paper and envelopes to try and make some examples at home, and then we can get started next Tuesday. They have a little shop where they can sell what they have made, so they already do lots of cards so I have an idea of what is possible already. Fun!!! On the Nancy front...I think that Jodie is the stereotypical Nancy for the British nation. Having seen the original version of the musical many years ago, it is hard to imagine anyone else playing the part, and all the main characters who portrayed the leading roles back then, are firmly fixed in our minds I guess. The west enders are a race apart, and it is set there, and to deviate too far from that atmosphere would be a shame. I am so keen to hear who will be playing Bill Skyes and Fagin! Remember when the Phantom first came to the stage and 'Oh, Betty" ( Some mothers do have them) was the phantom? No-one even knew he could sing like that, and it was pure luck he got the role. He was having singing lessons apparently and Andrew heard the voice and wanted to know who it was. I think he was just as surprised as the rest of us, but what a fantastic phantom he was!!!!! I am the same about operas, much preferring the original ones to modern versions. I like all that old-fashioned stuff!!! I think Jodie will win this role, although I think Samantha is extremely good as well. Thanks for all the votes I received ladies! It is a tight race to the finish as usual. Ann and I will be watching this Saturday night!! My over-riding feeling is that once again there has been such huge talent in this competition, and all the girls have been terrific. Knowing that we have this future ahead of us in musical theatre must be a huge comfort to Andrew and others like Cameron. And certainly to everyone who just loves musicals!!!

No comments: