Les Mis Trailer

Monday 14 May 2012

Inspiration

Its several years now since I was fortunate enough to visit Monet's Garden in Giverny, France. It was not at its most spectacular when we did, but I bought a book about color co-ordination schemes etc. and keep it in mind when I choose plants for our garden. This is gorgeous! My particular favorites are the blues and purples, reds and pinks punctuated with a little white - quite spectacular wouldn't you agree?
I've never been one for flashy colours - keep those yellows and oranges out please! I like the softer shades, that blend and seep into one another without really noticing. No surprise then that I love watercolor paintings especially those of the Impressionists!!
We are still way, way off creating our garden as we wish it to be, but the beginning has been made.
Sue xx

No comments: