Les Mis Trailer

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Some good news at last!

So it has finally happened and Tim and I have got our new house!! Well, we know where we are heading and that is something positive, right?! We hope to move in about a month from now, or thereabouts, so at the beginning of August we ought to be packing our bags and heading out of Westwoud. Luckily we don't have to move far, and it is a good house where we will be very happy I am sure. Lots to do to get it into shape, that's the next thing I have to think about, but at least this is the start of more positive times ahead. I am so looking forward to making it our home, with all our choices in it, and all our things around us again. And I will have a whole new garden to create and enjoy!!!! There is absolutely nothing there at the moment so it is all to do!!! Wow, can't wait to get started!! I know myself pretty well and I am not one to sit back and settle for the compromise so it is an all or nothing situation for me. I have ideas and thoughts about what it is all going to look like, only first I have to go out searching for floors and paints and providers of all our amenities........I am headed for a steep learning curve!!!
Just have to think of the right name for our house. I have always lived in a house with a name, and it is inconceivable that I should start now, so my thinking cap is on, and I know one will spring to mind in my dreams and I will just know the right one when I hear it.
My house in Zoetermeer was called Tynham House. D'you know why? Well the housing estate was built on the site of an old orchard and all the streets were named after apples. And I am English. The first orchard in England was created by Henry Vlll in Kent, in a village called Tynham. My father's family all come from Kent...............so that is why I called the house this name.
My house in Penistone was called Hickle House, because when we went to live there, Becci was only 18 months old, and when she saw the house she said "what a hickle ( little) house, mummy'! She lisped when she was small so this is how it came out of her mouth - aah. And where I have lived now is called Littleleat because a leat is a stretch of water, as in Longleat in England. We only have a very small drop of water at the end of the garden so it is little.............ergo Littleleat!!!
All the houses (well almost all) I lived in when I was at home with my parents were named after Shropshire hills..............so it is a tradition I intend to live by once more. I need to come up with a name that relates to our situation now, but that isn't corny or I will have you laughing at me!!! We had one or two other names scattered amongst them, notably in St Margarets Bay: Temple Cottage, named after Miss Temple who lived there years ago. Hard to change a name when it has history attached to it. Ah well,  let you know on this one, right?
Sue xx

No comments: