Les Mis Trailer

Sunday 13 June 2010

Hmm, not the start.......

England wanted was it?!! Such a shame we had to tie in this way............our own fault!!! But there is not use crying over spilt milk as we say, so we just have to get on with it and make sure it never happens again. Onwards and upwards, chaps!!!
The sun has made its return this weekend so that is something nice. I have got some great books to read at the moment, from trusty old Amazon.co.uk. They are similar in storyline but I didn't choose them for that reason; one just attracted me by its title and cover more than anything! I will list them another time, but for now I have started reading 'The last train to Liguria.' The writers style is incredibly flowery and I am not sure yet whether I like that or not, but I think the story is interesting so I will give it my best shot before I decide if I am going to persevere or not. I read 'The lovely bones' one morning and thought it was going to be gruesome (which is why I avoided the film), but in fact it was only an average book with an easy read and nothing outstanding to say about it at the end!
I read endings first. It is a crime for many, but if the last couple of pages are a waste of time and a total let down, I leave the book sitting on the shelf for someone else to buy her. I cannot abide being disappointed with a weak and inconclusive ending. The book I am writing has got no end....because nothing has happened yet to give me my last two pages, but in my head it is already written and complete and I know exactly what I am going to write when the time comes. I imagine that fixing the end is where many writers start, otherwise how does one know where one is heading?...imagine Tolkien for example; did he know how his trilogy was going to end before he started writing it or not?.............
Anyway, I am babbling but only because I haven't written my blog recently and I am making up for lost words here this morning!! I am having a day off today, from all the stresses and strains of preparing to move house, and just ignoring the boxes and the bin bags and the rubbish I have accumulated over the years...........can all wait until tomorrow, right, Scarlett???
Sue xx

No comments: