Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Where's our kitchen gone?!!!

This is the current state of our kitchen - bare! And this is where all the contents have moved to! We are now waiting for the new one to arrive, hopefully the start of next week, as we still have to paint and do the last few preparation jobs. It has arrived in the storage depot so that is comforting to know. I can't wait to get started with making it all pretty once the chaps are finished installing it. And then learning how to use all the new appliances - why do they come with in-built computers I ask myself?!! I shall have problems working the knobs out without the complication of extra computer programmes to master!!! Maybe Peter will have to take up cooking sooner than he thought...............I have got my first test all planned anyway; for my birthday we are having a luncheon (sounds posh!), but this will be the moment of truth with the ovens etc, and how we have planned the kitchen to suit all the ergonomic movements we need to make between dishwasher/sink/oven/'fridge etc. I am having the sockets put in to suit my let-handedness so that will be wonderful. No leads draping everywhere instead of being on the left out of the way... free worktop space to bake etc. Dreamy!!!! Loes has volunteered to come and help me cook as she is interested in seeing what I do that is 'english'; not sure what I have chosen is strictly speaking an all english menu but it 'aint a Dutch one I know that!!! We English do love a good pud!!!! so they will be evident on the day. As for the rest - surprise, surprise!!!! We are suffering the storm at the moment so this is why I am sitting here doing my blog and not going out anywhere. My little Opel Agila will rock and sway in the wind today when I do go for Tim later on! I have been busy with my cards too so they will come be here shortly I hope. Enjoy this 'rather blustery day' everyone!

No comments: