Les Mis Trailer

Monday 3 March 2008

A starbook..........hmm....foody thoughts............

Ok, I have put it off long enough really, so now is the moment of truth; I am going to try and make a Starbook on Thursday when we have our scrapday. Loes and I have studied the video on Youtube, and apart from the stitching I reckon we have got it sussed!! I have cut out the first 7 squares anyway, and made my holes, but that is it so far. It always feels like a lot of work but the result is super so it is high time I got over my fear and made one. There! I like the look when it is cardstock, on design paper, on vellum so that is what I will try. I am using paper with butterflies on so that allows me to use my wonderful butterfly stamp a lot! If there is a result worthy of being seen I will add the photos here. Maybe Jeanette and Amienke will try too, so that will be intense! All of us sitting there pondering the ins and outs of the stitchery part!!!! I am also trying to decide on my birthday party - what to cook, when to hold it, how to get it all done once the kitchen is completed...before Peter goes away again......Tim's birthday.........so I have decided on 30th March. I have a rough idea what to cook now, some things I can buy in and others I know how to make them myself so that is down to planning and preparation. Since I am going to be in Den Helder at the Card Club Day on the 29th, I will need to do a lot on the Friday...........so the kitchen better be in soon!!!!!( Ineke, if you are reading this, I am inviting you and Jan so keep the day free please!!!!! ) I am going to do a lunch I think, as then people can get here from afar and enjoy the day before thinking they have to travel home again. That's the theory anyway! I just have to make up some invitations and send them out, and hope that it all falls into place! I like using English recipes so that it is something different - so sometimes finding the ingredients is a problem, but I hope I have chosen wisely and can get what I want either from the market or my cupboard!!! So, my thoughts are taken up with food and planning at the moment, and shortly the tax return which we need to do today according to my husband. Yippee!!!!! But first I am cooking dinner as Tim is going training soon.

No comments: