Les Mis Trailer

Friday 28 September 2007

stormy day

I always say that I love autumn...and I do!!! but when it is blowing a gale and there is a choice between looking at it from the warmth of our house OR going out in it to do necessary stuff, I know what I prefer!!! Although,...... one of my all time favourite memories is of being up on the Cow & Calf Rocks above Ilkley in a gale and just standing there, lying into the wind, allowing it to cushion me, and feeling at peace with my surroundings. Nothing like it for blowing away the cobwebs!!! No time to think or worry about the little stuff, just being there is enough. Or walking along a sandy beach in Cornwall when I was a student, going out deliberately to walk in the wind and rain, and watch the surf rising. Oh, if you are going to do that, make sure you have hot water for that bath afterwards and a hot toddy at the ready!!! That is also something I love doing when the autumn arrives. Peter and I went to the beach last year in the first bad storm of the season, to take photos etc. The sky was amazing, so low and menacing, yet with a startlingly bright rainbow over the sea. Afterwards we had our pea soup and hot chocolate in a cafe nearby, and it was fun! This morning it is just white out there - the sky bright and grey and white all at once, with the trees bowed over with the force of the wind, leaves dashed towards the ground rather than gently fluttering down, and hurtling around in the early morning breeze. As I look out of our window, I am glad I offered to take Tim to school rather than let him cycle - he has had a better week and his mentors are happier wiht him, so this is nice thing to do to reward his efforts!!! Maybe the prospect of seeing his new girlfriend this weekend is an added motivator too....she's called Denise. He is actually bringing her home on Sunday - can't wait!!!Bt enough about autumn, here are the christmas card photos I promised!!!

No comments: