Les Mis Trailer

Thursday 13 September 2007

do you believe in coincidence or fate?!

Last night it was information evening at Tim's school. Peter is in Ireland so off I went to listen to the usual blah blah in the hall. Since I was alone, I went to sit next to another lady who was alone, being the friendly sort that I am! Two other ladies joined us and we had our coffee etc and chatted a little. I detected a non-Dutch accent in the woman sitting next to me, so I asked her where she came from...."England" she said. "So do I!" I replied. She told me that she had lived here for 20 years, so I said " in Enkhuizen?" "No, I live in.....WESTWOUD!!!!!" "So do I!" I replied, astonished. She lives just down the road from us, also for about 18 months in that house although she has lived in Westwoud for longer. We have never met or been told that there was another English person living here so it was WOW! Her son is in the same year as Tim but not the same class, so we went our separate ways, but not before I had scribbled our address and phone number down and given it it her. I really hope she rings me and we can get together for a proper chat! Of all the places I could have chosen to sit, and I chose that one. Must be for a reason, don't you think?

No comments: