Les Mis Trailer

Monday 3 September 2007

England is beautiful!

This is a photo of Bolton Abbey in the dales. I plan to take us there by steam and diesel trains on Saturday! I have just been planning our final itinery according to the good weather forecast for the weekend! I think I should start a new career as tour guide as I love researching and finding out the best options for people when they are visiting England. Friday is more or less a travel-sight-seeing day as we need to get quite a way from Doncaster to Haworth via the most scenic routes etc. I have mentioned travel sickness pills being handy, but William and Lily have confidence they won't need them....I will!! I am not used to the twists and turns of the dales these days so I will take them as a precaution for sure! This is a photo of one of the canals since we are going to Skipton on Saturday and then on the Embsay Railway to Bolton Abbey.William is keen on stream trains like Peter and although it is a very short trip, it gets it included and the views will be worth it! We are then going to the ballet in the evening. The Royal Northern Ballet is performing A Midsummer's Night Dream so we decided to book for that on Saturday evening which is really exciting. Then on Sunday we should have time to see Haworth before heading back towards the airport and home. I think this will meet all the expectations of the weekend that William and Lily may have...I have tried to include what I think they will enjoy the most with some practicalities like time and distance etc. and the fact that the plane is in the afternoon now instead of in the evening. It cuts the time down considerably but no worries, "this will do, pig"!!! (quote, BABE).

No comments: