Les Mis Trailer

Monday 10 December 2007

I'm back!!!!

It went so quickly but here I am safely back home again, and lots to tell!!! The first thing to say, briefly, is that I had a great time. But I'll come back to that later....first, the horrors of flying out of England!!! Since all the terrorist attacks etc. the airports in Britain are understandably nervous. What I didn't realise is just HOW nervous they are until this week! We were in HEBDEN BRIDGE ( lovely little village) on Friday and it was absolutely pouring it down - we had some sleet too! - so we were ducking into every shop we came across to dry out! We were in a super little pot shop and had bought some small gifts and got talking to the lady there etc. (you know how it goes...)! She told us that I would only be allowed ONE cabin bag and not a handbag AND a cabin bag as the rule was now one only. Ok, so Becci bought me a bigger bag so that was my present sorted, and I could put my pot safely into it etc. no worries. Then we were out in the evening seeing Althea and she had got my present with her too. Was it small and light and easy to fit into the suitcase???? NO! It was light enough but too large to fit in my suitcase or my hand luggage! What to do..... I asked her about whether it had any wires in it as I have experienced that last year when I was asked to tip my luggage out as Jackie had given me a present that could have been a bomb!!!! Yes, there were wires apparently (the mind boggled). So it would have to go into the suitcase. Ok, could go that. Then Althea told us that no-one is able to drop passengers off outside the terminal door since the fiasco in Dundee. Everyone has got anxious about crazy drivers ramming the entrances so one has to be dropped off outside the terminal gates at the roundabout!!!!! Lindsey and I had a few anxious moments imagining dropping me off in the middle of the night at a roundabout and letting me get on with it!!! It was worth a few laughs anyway, and gave us food for thought. It was actually ok in the end. Lindsey was able to draw into the car park and chuck me out in a hurry before driving quickly to the exit and not having to pay for the pleasure! I got frisked of course but it was not a problem and I was in the plane and heading home without any more incidents!!!! Poor Peter was gallant enough to want to pick me up but he had to sit in 3 hours of traffic and we were not home before 11.00am and I had landed at nine!!!! Sorry, Becci, looks like the train for you after all!!! So I am tired but happy and no doubt back into the swing of things this week before you know it!!!

No comments: