Les Mis Trailer

Wednesday 22 August 2007

blowing the cobwebs away

the storm last night - or rather the extreme wind and rain - was a comforting sound lashing the windowpane. I felt safe and secure and happy in our attic bedroom. No mosquitoes biting me; not too hot or sticky; and a sense that AUTUMN IS HERE!!!! (Gosh, was that summer??!!) Seems so, which was quite short and sweet and not very good. But hey, autumn is my favourite time of year so I am not complaining!! I went to the garden centre at Hoogwoud yesterday - enormous, Ineke; you'd love it!!! All the Hallowwe'en stuff out and the trickle of winter pansies in between the leftover summer bedding plants, but no Christmas!!! Glad really, too soon, but Loes assures me that they have a super-duper show, so can't wait!! I did buy a heather and a bowl of pansies - or rather Viola's (the small ones), for the garden to continue with the colour of summer, but that was all. What I was tempted to buy is another matter!! There is a gorgeous indoor home decoration section, as well as DIY, and I was looking at the lamps and tables and other cushions, settees etc with lust! Check out this site too; www.westfriesebeurs.nl since that is where I am headed this morning!!! It is in the adjoining village to ours so a stonesthrow away, and in this wind that is great. HUGE, full of new and second-hand goodies and I want a small side-table for over the radiator in our hall. Peter managed to hang our mirror and my scrap of Tim and Genghis last night, but we still need the coatrack and small table.....so in a few minutes I'm off there for a browse. Fancy all of us being in Ikea at the same time!!!! And Ineke, dying to see what you make with the plastic box and lightbulbs!!! Kate has added some Nikon filters to her photoshop which are great apparently (tip for you Ineke!)! And I think that you probably know that using brushes is HOT in scrapping right now too??? Just what exactly does THAT involve?!!!! Oh, I have to get back into the swing of it all, regardless of my photoshop disaster!! Just need the inspiration of new photos to use really - help me! PS. sorted out how to "feed" thanks! and glad I solved the mystery of the photos for you!! Enjoy Poland this weekend too Ineke!

No comments: